What is Frozen Dough?
Frozen dough is pieces of dough made from flour that has gone through freezing before baking. This diet is very practical because you can eat fresh baked goods anytime and anywhere. They are easy to use and prepare – just take them out of the freezer and put them in the oven to bake. Frozen dough is increasingly used today in use. At the beginning of the 20th century, the use of frozen dough increased sharply as the number of employed women increased.
Preparation of the frozen dough
Frozen dough is the right solution when you do not have enough time to prepare food. Frozen dough is a very fresh and quality product if you know how to defrost and prepare it properly. Preparing the frozen dough is very easy. Place the purchased frozen dough from the store in a pre-oiled pan and bake them for about 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees.
Here are some tips on how to use frozen dough:
- Croissants, pastries and hot dogs must be thawed before baking so that the dough is not tough and hard. Defrosting the dough is best achieved in the refrigerator overnight;
- Never defrost frozen dough in a microwave oven or a bowl full of hot water. High temperatures can cause bacteria to form on a frozen dough;
- Before baking, roll out the puff pastry with a rolling pin;
- You can pack frozen dough that you do not use in a bag, close it well and return it to the freezer. You can defrost this dough again and use it;
- If you do not have time to wait overnight – an hour at room temperature will be enough to defrost the dough;
- Always put the pastry in a hot oven, so that it starts to rise immediately from the heat.